About Our Church

Sardis Springs Baptist Church was established August 13, 1915, using a schoolhouse on Mooresville Road for a meeting place, with 15 charter members. 

In 1917, work began on the first building at the present site. WMU was organized in 1927 and re-organized in 1939. Youth organizations followed. Vacation Bible School has been a yearly event since the early 1930's. Educational space was added in the 1940's. The church library was opened in 1944. Brotherhood began in the 1950's. Land was donated and more purchased. In 1952, we moved into our second sanctuary, including educational space. Additional classrooms were completed in 1962. Our third sanctuary with more educational space was completed in 1975. We moved into our Family Life Center in February of 2000. 

Pastors at Sardis Springs have served full time since the 1950's, with the exception of 1990-1991. We have had full-time or bi-vocational music directors since 1960. We have employed a Youth Minister since the 1980's. We have had a Children's Director since 2005 and an Educational Director since 2008.